Veteran boxer Manny Pacquiao believes that he still has a few more fights left in him.
Pacquiao’s last fight was a controversial loss against Jeff Horn in Australia last year and he is currently preparing for his first fight in a year which will be against Argentine WBA welterweight world champion Lucas Matthysse in Kuala Lampur in July.
“Definitely this is not my last fight,” the 39-year-old Filipino said at a news conference in the Malaysian capital on Friday to promote the fight.
“I want my last fight to be in the Philippines, but I still have a couple more fights till I retire,” said the former eight-division world champion and serving senator in his homeland.
This will be the first title defence for Matthysse (39-4) and Pacquiao revealed that he is expecting a tough bout.
“Matthysse’s style is very aggressive. He’ll want to come inside and fight toe-to-toe. You won’t see running or dancing in the ring,” said Pacquiao.