Inter Milan Confirms the Signing of Arturo Vidal from Barca

Arturo Vidal in 2018. Photo by Kieran McManus/BPI/REX/Shutterstock

The exodus of veteran players continues at Barcelona, with Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal being the latest to join the list. Vidal’s next destination will be Italy, where he will join Seria A side Inter Milan.

Inter confirmed Vidal’s arrival on their social media on Sunday, although the club didn’t disclose any further details about the move. Reportedly, they will pay around $1.2 million, plus add-ons, for the 33-year-old midfielder’s services.

Inter was interested in Vidal for some time now, with manager Antonio Conte making a strong push to sign the player last summer. The duo previously worked together at Juventus, winning three Seria A titles together.

Vidal decided to stay at Camp Nou at first but changed his mind this summer after being identified unnecessary by Barcelona’s new head coach Ronald Koeman.

Barca’s star Lionel Messi already said his farewell to Vidal, posting a touching message on social media.

“We shared many things in the last two years, and you made a huge impact on the dressing room and will be dearly missed.” – said Messi. “I wish you all the best luck in your new club, and I’m sure our paths will cross again.”

Arturo Vidal joined Barcelona in the summer of 2018, originally being considered as a depth piece. However, Vidal quickly became indispensable in the club’s midfield and ended up making 96 appearances in just two seasons. He helped the team win the La Liga title in 2018/19.